Tuesday, September 04, 2007

For Bee.. and all those who don't think they have time for the Cheese..

If you are like me then there are three things that we never seem to get enough of:

Time,
Money,
Good Food.


I work 40 plus hours a week, go to school full time, and coach two youth soccer teams, so time is something that I never have enough of. Money seems to evade me on a regular basis . Good food is another thing that I never seem have enough of (trust me, my laptop is becoming a shelf for my belly). I managed to find a tasty recipe that takes care of all of these concerns.
And of course it has...

CHEESE..

Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
From: Campbell's Kitchen Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Southwest Style Pepper Jack Soup
1/4 cup water
8 flour tortillas (8"), warmed
Pace® Chunky Salsa

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 425ºF.
COOK chicken in nonstick skillet until done and juices evaporate, stirring often. Add soup and water and heat through. About 1/3 cup chicken mixture on half of each tortilla to within 1/2" of edge. Moisten edge with water. Fold over and seal. Place on 2 baking sheets.
BAKE 5 min. or until hot. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa.
Makes 8 quesadillas

The best thing is only 20 minutes to cheesy heavenly delight. Try it you will love it. It's great just to have the ingredients on hand in case of those late night munchies or when you need a dinner between the cheese that keeps us running on the wheel of life.
Be creative, I love to add extra toppings, like diced tomatoes or a little cilantro from the garden. With football season coming Shred the chicken and replace the tortilla's with nacho chips...Now that I have made myself hungry, I have to spend a little time in the kitchen.

Do you have a quick and cheap recipe you'd like to share?
If you try it, let me know how you like it or what toppings you added!

3 comments:

Bee said...

Now I'm even hungrier!
I'm gonna print this and ask my momma or hubba bubba (which ever I see first) to make it for me (I don't cook much...)

Carry on with the cheese! :o)

Anonymous said...

MMMMMM. I LOVE when you make these!

And now that I'm hungry for them...you will be making them this week :-D

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

Wait a daggone frippin minute. I haven't been to visit here for a little while. Are you Prince Charming? I'm sure I'm a little late to the plate here but I think you might be. Or you're someone who likes Chris so much that you'll cook for her...
Anyways, I think I might actually be able to make this. Most meats that I cook tast like shoe leather or are so undercooked that you're in danger of a trip to the ER after eating it. But this sounds really good!